“I want to publicly apologize to Coach Dantonio as well as the players and supporters of Michigan State for our act of poor sportsmanship displayed pre-game yesterday. I spoke with Mark earlier today and expressed to him that we meant no disrespect to his team. During our regular Friday night team meeting, one of the topics presented to motivate our team was a history lesson addressing commitment and teamwork in a tough environment. A tent stake was presented to the team as a symbol of this concept. The stake was brought into our locker room as a visual reminder, and one of our team leaders chose to take it out on the field. As the leader of our football program, I take full responsibility for the actions of our team. We believe in displaying a high level of respect at the University of Michigan and unfortunately that was not reflected by this action prior to kickoff.”
- And kudos to NBCSN for recognizing the import of this moment and sticking with a broadcast of the celebration for well over a half hour now. 38 minutes ago
- Maddie Rooney is so cute, I want to put her in my pocket. I swear she's part Keebler Elf, part cold-blooded killer. 40 minutes ago
- RT @chrismpeters: Monique Lamoureux-Morando just told Pierre McGuire that Jocelyne's shootout move is something they've been working on wit… 46 minutes ago
- Love that Monique Lamoureux gestured to herself to let Pierre McGuire know to whom to direct his first question, si… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 47 minutes ago
- ♫ Sweeeeeeeeet Golden Stars & Stripes! ♪ https://t.co/7ZSq0vW3Bc 52 minutes ago
- Follow Fear The Hat on WordPress.com
Cotton BowlOhio State vs. USCDecember 29th, 2017The big day is here.