- The Buckeyes have only lost back-to-back games three times since 2008-2009.
- OSU’s LaQuinton Ross led all scorers with 22 points, but Iowa had 5 players score in double figures.
- Ohio State had 17 turnovers that led to 27 Iowa points. The Buckeyes also lost the ball 21 times in their previous game, an overtime loss to Michigan State.
- Iowa scored 44 of their points in the paint.
- The Hawkeyes outscored the Buckeyes 40-21 during the final 12:29 of play.
- This was Iowa’s first win over a top-five opponent since 2001.