Here are some of the key stats from the first half of the Orange Bowl:
- Clemson has 362 total yards to Ohio State’s 254, but the Buckeyes have 14 first downs to the Tigers 13. Plus, OSU leads time of possession with 17:25.
- Ohio State has yet to turn the ball over. Clemson has done so once.
- The Tigers are covering around 7.5 yards every time they rush the ball. The Buckeyes average carry goes for 3.5 yards.
- Clemson’s Sammy Watkins has 130 yards receiving. That’s just 39 yards off his season high of 169 against Virginia on November 2nd.
- Watkins other numbers? He has 8 catches, 5 of which have been good for first downs and 1 touchdown. He’s averaging 16.3 yards per catch.
- Philly Brown of Ohio State has 5 catches for 84 yards.
- The Buckeyes leading tackler is Jamal Marcus, who has 6 stops and a pass break-up. Tyvis Powell has 5 tackles.
- The Ohio State offensive line has already given up three sacks. Coming into tonight, they were only allowing 1.31 sacks/game.
- Comparing the QBs:
Braxton Miller-8/11, 163 yards, 1 TD, 0 picks; also, 2 TDs rushing
Tajh Boyd-17/21, 235 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick; also 73 yards and 1 TD rushing